Report on importance of infrastructure in Scarborough to be released
June 13, 2011
TORONTO, ON – A University of Toronto report highlighting the need for investment in social infrastructure in Scarborough will be presented at a community forum this Thursday, June 16 at 6 p.m. The forum will be held at Scarborough Civic Centre Council Chambers at 150 Borough Dr. in Scarborough.
The report, Toronto’s inner suburbs: Investing in social infrastructure in Scarborough, will be presented at a forum called “Inner suburbs at stake: Investing in Scarborough’s communities,” sponsored by the University of Toronto Cities Centre, Scarborough Civic Action Network and Social Planning Toronto.
WHAT: University of Toronto report to be presented at community forum on the importance of social infrastructure.
- Report co-authors Deborah Cowen, University of Toronto Professor of Planning, and graduate student Vanessa Parlette will present their findings.
- J. David Hulchanski, Director of Research, Cities Centre, and Professor of Social Work, University of Toronto.
- Chris Brillinger, City of Toronto Director of Social Policy, Analysis and Research.
- Samantha Brookes, Manager of Health and Seniors Programs at Warden Woods Community Centre.
- Regini David of West Scarborough Community Legal Clinic.
- Jonah Schein of Commitment to Community Campaign.
WHERE: Scarborough Civic Centre Council Chambers, 150 Borough Dr., Scarborough.
WHEN: Thursday, June 16 at 6 p.m.
For more information, please contact:
University of Toronto
Social Planning Toronto